Registration for this year is closed. Next year’s registration will open August 1st, 2019. Please add your name to the interest list and we’ll contact you when registration opens.
Thank you for your interest! If you would like to sign up for the EAC Program, the first step is by filling out an interest form, which will be available later this year.
The Entrepreneurship Assistance Center (EAC) offers a comprehensive hands-on business training course targeted to new and existing business owners and is specifically designed to minimize the risk and maximizing the potential success of starting or expanding a business. Think of it as a mini MBA!
The EAC Business Training Course has been with the Queens Economic Development Corporation (QEDC) since 1991, and has developed unique strengths which make it different from many other training programs offered by other organizations. The following are a few of our competitive benefits:
- Develop a fully-vetted professional business plan completed by the end of the course.
- Learn first hand where and how to conduct research for your business by taking a field-trip to the Science, Industry, Business Library (SIBL) of New York.
- Learn from experts and specialist who include: a lawyer, accountant, marketing expert, and technology consultant.
- Become part of a network of EAC alumni that will serve as not only a support system but avenues for business development.
- Receive 10+ hours of free one-on-one technical assistance during and after the course ends to continue developing your business and develop relationships with key advisors.
- How to write a compelling Business Plan
- How to conduct Industry and Market Research
- Marketing and Sales Techniques and Vehicles
- Operations Structure
- Technology that will automate and streamline your business
- How to legally Structure your Business
- About Competitive Positioning
- How to structure Financial Statements
- How to Finance your Business
2018 Course Information
Class Duration: October 2nd, 2018 – December 11th, 2018
Schedule: Classes are twice a week for three hours a class from 5:45 to 8:45 pm. See complete list of dates below.
Location: Classes on Tuesdays and the first Thursday will meet at The Entrepreneur Space, 36-46 37th St., Long Island City, NY 11101. Classes on subsequent Thursdays will be conducted online.
80% Discount ($100) for:
- MWBE certified firms, Veterans & Social Welfare Recipients with official proof.
- SEAP (Self Employment Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- NYCHA RES (Resident Employment Services)
*A $50 Reimbursement will be issued to clients that attend 80% (16) or more classes and submit a completed Business Plan by the last day of classes.