- This event has passed.
Above & Beyond: Inspiring and Motivating Women Entrepreneurs
March 15, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Celebrating Women’s History Month! Join the Women’s Business Centers of New York City along with the NY District Office of the SBA as we celebrate, motivate and activate women at this empowering celebration! Featured topics include: Opening Doors, Closing Sales; A Panel Discussion with Successful Women Entrepreneurs and Words of Inspiration: Don’t Quit, Reinvent Yourself.
Free Breakfast! Everyone is Welcome!
Please note that, as this is a federal building, you must bring ID in order to gain entrance.
- 8:30 – 9:30 am: Registration, Networking and Hot Breakfast
- 9:30 – 10:00 am: Remarks by Beth Goldberg (NY District Director) and Elaine Powell, TD Bank (Sponsor) and WBC Directors
- 10:00 – 11:00 am: A Panel Discussion with Successful Women Entrepreneurs moderated by Delia Awusi (BOC WBC Director)*
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Opening Doors, Closing Sales by Adrian Miller introduced by Andrea Ormeno (QWBC Director)*
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm: Words of Inspiration: Don’t Quit, Reinvent Yourself introduced by Gail Davis (WBEC Director)*
- 1:00 pm: Elaine Powells Closes the event
About Opening Doors, Closing Sales
In this fast-paced sales presentation, veteran sales consultant and trainer Adrian Miller (author of The Blatant Truth; 50 Ways to Sales Success) will share top tips, tactics and techniques on how to generate new business as well as to grow business from existing clients. Using her 30 years of experience in the sales trenches, Adrian will offer the good, the bad and the ugly as it pertains to making your business grow. She’ll cover the following (and more!):
- What makes you different (not better!)
- How to stay on the gird during a long sales cycle
- Incorporating effective probing to uncover wants (wants win over needs!)
- Dealing with pushback
- Techniques for more effective networking
All attendees will get a free download of “The Blatant Truth: Fifty Ways to Sales Success” and will also be eligible for a drawing for a complimentary sales coaching session.
Please note that this event is at a Federal Building. Allow extra time for entry.
As a non-profit, QEDC needs donations in order to keep serving our community. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please click the button below.