- This event has passed.
Women’s Power Networking Breakfast: Breakfast Tax Bootcamp for the Self-Employed
January 18, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 amFree
Join tax expert Abby Eisenkraft for a class to learn all about self-employment tax reporting. Just in time for tax season! As always, there will also be free food and plenty of opportunity to network!
The presentation will include:
- Allowable deductions for the self-employed – we will do a deep dive on Schedule C and discuss what is legally deductible and what is not (regardless of what tax advice people get from their “friends”!)
- How to keep your records per IRS regulations
- Other taxes you may be subject to (not just ordinary income tax, but self-employment tax, MCTMT tax, etc.)
- How to set up online accounts to pay the Taxing Authorities electronically
- Home Office – Regular and Safe Harbor rules
- Due Dates (estimated taxes, LLC filing, entity filings, etc.)
- What to expect if your small business is audited, and how to survive it
- Best practices
About the Speaker
Abby Eisenkraft is the CEO of Choice Tax Solutions Inc. She is a federally licensed Enrolled Agent (EA), an Accredited Tax Advisor (ATA), Accredited Tax Preparer (ATP) and a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC).
Abby started her career in tax as a preparer, and quickly gained a reputation for successfully dealing with difficult tax problems, including those previously unsolvable by other tax professionals. She currently specializes in tax controversy cases such as federal and state tax audits, non-filer cases, residency audits, international matters, etc.
Abby is passionate about defending taxpayer’s rights before the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. She is a speaker on various tax and financial topics, a consultant (specializing in the self-employed), and is often quoted in the press as a tax and financial expert.
As a non-profit, QEDC needs donations in order to keep serving our community. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please click the button below.