- This event has passed.
Learn QuickBooks Online: Closing Out Your Year
February 10, 2016 @ 5:45 pm - 8:45 pm$79
This QuickBooks course aims to provide the technical know-how for people looking to learn how to use this program effectively. This class will focus on using QuickBooks to close out your year and is geared towards people who already have familiarity with the program, helping you understand what is needed for getting your books in shape for year-end.
This class will have three parts, all of which take place in one session:
- Part 1: Basic accounting and bookkeeping principles necessary to master your books
- Part 2: Organization concepts, workflow, tips. How do you get receipts into your accounting system
- Part 3: Reviewing trial balance, balance sheet and income statements once the data entry is performed
Please note that for this class it is recommended that you bring a laptop with QuickBooks installed. If you have a laptop without QuickBooks, you can do a trial version of QuickBooks Online which can be found here.
Why take a class on Quickbooks?
– Because your receipts fade and storage of your data is difficult without it. (You can link transactions and make things much easier if you are ever audited).
– Quickbooks helps you create analytic reports you can use to make better business decisions and keep your bookkeeping tight.
– Because MS Excel is not made for bookkeeping! You lose out on power information created by QB reports.
– Save money come tax time. Save between 5 hours/month of manual entry and over $4,200 a year come tax time by using QuickBooks.*
– Manual entries and bank statement importation can create lost transactions and no reconciliation.
*Based on normal retainer fee paid for bookkeeping.
As a non-profit, QEDC needs donations in order to keep serving our community. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please click the button below.