- This event has passed.
2019 Corona Small Business Summit
September 19, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
The Corona Small Business Summit will connect small business owners with agency representatives and community
organizations to available resources to help them grow their business. Attendees will also have access to multiple breakout sessions that will provide training on a variety of business development topics.
Lunch is included as part of free registration!
Registration and Networking 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
Welcome & Opening Remarks 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Small Business Workshops 10:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Successful Entrepreneurs Panel Discussion with WeWork
- Federal Contracting (8a, Women-owned, HubZone, etc), Exporting and How to get SBA loans with the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Identity Theft and Cybercrime, and Tax Withholding with the Internal Revenue Service
- Ready? Set. Go! / Framework for Starting Your Own Business (English, Spanish and Mandarin) with Queens Economic Development Corporation and the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Financing Your Business – Meet the Lenders with Banks, Microlenders and Crowdfunders
- Doing Business with the Government – Getting M/WBE Certified by Queens Economic Development Corporation
Free Lunch and Networking 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Raffle Prizes/ Closing Remarks 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
“SMALL BUSINESS, BIG IDEAS”
Neil started his sales career at the age of 5 when he opened his first business shining shoes. After leading 3 companies in business development his current position is Vice President of Development for Webline Designs, a boutique Website Design and Online Marketing company located in Long Island City. Since 1995 he has worked on over 1000 website design and development projects. He currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Queens Chamber of Commerce and served on the Board of Directors of Long Island City Partnership for over 15 years. Neil is married to his wife JoAnn for over 50 years and resides in Queens. His partner for 24 years is his older son Stephen Levin, who is the President of Webline Designs.
As a non-profit, QEDC needs donations in order to keep serving our community. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please click the button below.