Entrepreneurial Assistance Program
Click here to sign up for the interest list for the Fall 2016 class.
The Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) is a comprehensive hands-on business training course targeted to new and existing business owners and is specifically designed to minimize the risk and maximizing the potential success of starting or expanding a business.
The EAP Business Training Course has been with the Queens Economic Development Corporation (QEDC) since 1991, and has developed unique strengths which make it different from many other training programs offered by other organizations. The following are a few of our competitive benefits:
- Develop a fully-vetted professional business plan completed by the end of the course.
- Learn first hand where and how to conduct research for your business by taking a field-trip to the Science, Industry, Business Library (SIBL) of New York.
- Learn from experts and specialist who include: a lawyer, accountant, marketing expert, and technology consultant.
- Become part of a network of EAP alumni that will serve as not only a support system but avenues for business development.
- How to write a compelling Business Plan
- How to conduct Industry and Market Research
- Marketing and Sales Techniques and Vehicles
- Operations Structure
- Technology that will automate and streamline your business
- How to legally Structure your Business
- About Competitive Positioning
- How to structure Financial Statements
- How to Finance your Business
Start Date: Classes start Tuesday, September 27th.
Schedule: Classes run twice a week for twenty sessions until December 13th. See below for list of class dates.
Location: Classes take place at the Entrepreneur Space, 36-46 37th St., Long Island City, NY 11101.
Cost: The cost to general participants will be $500.
An 80% discount will be awarded ($100 cost) to all US veterans and anyone with an unemployment or self employment award letter that was in effect up to three months prior to the start of the class. Upon completion and submission of a business plan, 80% attendance, and completion of required paperwork a $50 completion refund will be awarded.
- Tuesday, September 27th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, September 29th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 4th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Friday, October 7th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 11th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, October 13th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 18th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, October 20th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 25th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, October 27th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 1st, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Friday, November 11th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 15th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, November 17th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 29th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, December 1st, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 6th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, December 8th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 13th, 6:00 to 9:00 PM