Entrepreneurial Assistance Program
Thank you for your interest! Our current class is full. However, if interest is high, we may have another one in 2018. Please fill out this interest form and we'll contact you when we have more details.
The Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) is a comprehensive hands-on business training course targeted to new and existing business owners and is specifically designed to minimize the risk and maximizing the potential success of starting or expanding a business. Think of it as a mini MBA!
The EAP Business Training Course has been with the Queens Economic Development Corporation (QEDC) since 1991, and has developed unique strengths which make it different from many other training programs offered by other organizations. The following are a few of our competitive benefits:
- Develop a fully-vetted professional business plan completed by the end of the course.
- Learn first hand where and how to conduct research for your business by taking a field-trip to the Science, Industry, Business Library (SIBL) of New York.
- Learn from experts and specialist who include: a lawyer, accountant, marketing expert, and technology consultant.
- Become part of a network of EAP alumni that will serve as not only a support system but avenues for business development.
- How to write a compelling Business Plan
- How to conduct Industry and Market Research
- Marketing and Sales Techniques and Vehicles
- Operations Structure
- Technology that will automate and streamline your business
- How to legally Structure your Business
- About Competitive Positioning
- How to structure Financial Statements
- How to Finance your Business
Start Date: October 3rd.
Schedule: Classes are twice a week for three hours a class from 5:45 to 8:45 pm. See complete list of dates below.
Location: The Entrepreneur Space, 36-46 37th St., Long Island City, NY 11101.
Please note that class participation is a competitive process and registration will be official once formally invited to the 2017-2018 EAP class and payment has been received by QEDC.
80% Discount ($100) for:
- MWBE certified firms, Veterans & Social Welfare Recipients with official proof.
- SEAP (Self Employment Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program)
- NYCHA RES (Resident Employment Services)
*A $50 Reimbursement will be issued to clients that attend 80% (16) or more classes and submit a completed Business Plan by the last day of classes.
Schedule of Classes
Schedule of Classes
Day 1 - Oct 3rd - Tuesday
No Class on Oct 5th
Day 2 - Oct 10th - Tuesday
Day 3 - Oct 12th - Thursday
Day 4 - Oct 17th - Tuesday
Day 5 - Oct 19th - Thursday
Day 6 - Oct 24th - Tuesday
Day 7 - Oct 26th - Thursday
No Class on Oct 31st (Halloween)
Day 8 - Nov 2nd - Thursday
No Class on Nov 7th (Election Day)
Day 9 - Nov 9th - Thursday
Day 10 - Nov 14th - Tuesday
Day 11 - Nov 16th - Thursday
Day 12 - Nov 21st - Tuesday
No Class on Nov 23rd (Thanksgiving)
Day 13 - Nov 28th - Tuesday
Day 14 - Nov 30th - Thursday
Day 15 - Dec 5th - Tuesday
Day 16 - Dec 7th - Thursday
Day 17 - Dec 12th - Tuesday
Day 18 - Dec 14th - Thursday
Day 19 - Dec 19th - Tuesday
Day 20 - Dec 21st - Thursday