QEDC 2014 SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO
ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. The QEDC 2014 SWEEPSTAKES(the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are (i) either United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States or Puerto Rico, and (ii) are at least 18 years of age (or if older the age of majority in their state of residence) at the time of entry. Businesses, corporations, registered foreign agents, political committees, labor organizations or other entities, as well as any state agency officer or employee who serves at the pleasure of the Governor or their appointing authority or members of State public authority or other boards appointed by the Governor, are not eligible to enter or win a prize, nor may any individual enter on behalf of any such individuals or entities. If you do not meet any of these requirements, or any other eligibility requirements in these official rules, you are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Directors, officers and employees of QEDC("Sponsor") and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and sweepstakes agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes starts at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on April 7th, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 23rd, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to win a prize.
3. How to Enter. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period in the format designated below. Participants may enter as follows:
a. Automatic Entry with Contribution: Eligible individuals who make a donation to QEDC of at least ten dollars ($10.00) received during the Sweepstakes Period will automatically be entered for a chance to win. Contributions between $10.00 and $24.99 will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes; Contributions between $25.00 and $49.99 will receive five (5) entries intro the Sweepstakes; Contributions over $50.00 will receive ten (10) entries intro the Sweepstakes. Contributions in any amount will not be accepted from registered foreign agents, any state agency offer or employee who serves at the pleasure of QEDC or their appointing authority or members of public authority or other boards. To contribute, complete the contribution form at www.tbd.com and follow the submission instructions on the form. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Contributions must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to result in an automatic entry. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph (b) will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
4. Prizes. One (1) winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Queens Taste (the "Event"). Approximate retail value of each ticket: $150 (approximate retail value of all prizes awarded: $175). Each winner is responsible for his/her transportation to and from the Event.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc.Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prize are the sole responsibility of winner. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (see Section 6 below) is not returned as required from winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, or if any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address.
6. Selection/Notification of Winners.One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries to be conducted at QEDC Headquarters on or about April 24th, 2014. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving any prize based on such background check. Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail on or about April 25th, 2014. The potential winners will be notified at the e-mail address, postal address and/or telephone number (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) provided at the time of registration (the "Prize Notification"). In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within three (3) days of date of issuance, a disqualification will result and prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. The potential Winner(s) may be required to submit valid identification to Sponsor and may be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, Publicity, within five (5) days of date of issuance. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return the required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any Prize Notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor's sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Waiver of Liability/Publicity Release. By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of such Prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor and/or its representatives by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. Each Winner, by acceptance of Prize, grants to Sponsor and each of its designees the right to publicize such Winner's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
8. Disclaimer.Sponsor and the Released Parties will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner List; Rules Request.For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after April 25, 2014 and before March 15, 2014 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: QEDC 2014 Sweepstakes Winner List.
10. Miscellaneous. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New York without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "QEDC 2014 Sweepstakes Questions".
11. Sponsor:QEDC, 120-55 Queens Blvd, Suite 309, Kew Gardens, NY 11424